Tuesday, March 13, 2012

More Rooms

Per Request, I'm adding some before and after pictures of our bedroom and bathroom. Here is the before...


And a bunch of after pictures! We still need to add curtains, and there needs to be something more around the "hope" frame. We're also putting the chest from my Grandma at the foot of our bed once we get a real coffee table for the living room :)



 This is Corey's dresser. The frame on the left are our wedding vows. The flowers on the right are from our wedding in a pink depression glass that was my Grandma's...it's sitting on a "Jokes for All Occasions" book I found for Corey at an antique store awhile back. The hanging postcards were all sent to my great grandparents from their friends and family who traveled throughout the U.S. and abroad...my mom still has a TON, but I picked out a few of my favorites to hang :) 


Do you see Luna in the picture below?




The bathroom is below (sorry for the poor lighting. I forgot to turn the light one, and I'm too lazy to take another picture). I still need to add our towel rack. I want one with a shelf to put pictures/decorations on. I also need to paint that tray for our toothbrush holder and the apothecary jars. Check out that rounded shower curtain my Dad so nicely installed! (My sweet mom cleaned it for us while we were at work...are we spoiled or what?! I'm milking this now, because I know it won't last, lol).


Before of the bathroom...


Here is also a sneak peak of our basement without any decorations/couch.  It's a dark blue--very bold--but I love it! (It's different than the blue in our living room/half bath...that one is duller and a different shade). My brother Kevin bestowed some light installation skills into Corey! (That is, Kevin changed the light while Corey watched and learned).


This is what it looked like before!


And of course, I need to end this post with pictures of Luna. 




Corey's baby. She seriously loves when he hold her like that. I know, we are SO weird!



After we get our appliances on Thursday, I will post pictures of the kitchen. I'm so excited for them! It's funny how you don't realize how much you need things until you don't have them. I'm also planning on baking cookies Thursday/Friday for our close neighbors (7 houses or so) with a cute little note. I'm thinking something like "We just purchased a new stove, and we wanted to share the results :) Hope you meet you soon!" Do you really need to know all these details? No. But it's comforting to me to write my ideas all out (even though you know they are in list saved somewhere else on my laptop). Oh and we have just been so blessed by our family and friends. My mom has made us meals yummy basically every night, and my gracious mother-in-law is also planning to help me finish some projects on Friday, so we'll see what we get accomplished!

Anywho, that's it for now. Hope you are enjoying this AMAZING weather!

1 comments:

Tara said...

Looks GREAT! The basement transformation is awesome!!! So much better without white walls and flourescent lights :) Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with!

Post a Comment