Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday

It's Monday. I had to go back to working three days a week after spring break, so I am actually at home today. I was fortunate enough to sleep in, get some errands done, putz around in the yard, plan my school groups for the rest of the year, etc.

I have nine weeks left of school! I certainly cannot believe it. This year has gone so fast, and so much as happened. Many amazing and many difficult things at work and personally. Today I read Philippians 2. What I hope to focus on this week as I go back for the last leg of the year is this:

"In humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of others" (3b-4)

"Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, 'children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation'. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky" (14-15).

This week I'm coming back to a million reports to write (nah, only 7 or so), and it will be busy. However, I feel blessed that May does not appear to be as insanely busy as it typically is (fingers crossed). And there is absolutely NO reason to complain because...

1. I have a job
2. I love my job (on most days :))
3. I'm growing as a social worker and Christ-follower
4. The work always gets done
5. Everyone is busy, so I might as well encourage rather than grumble

I know that many people do not recognize the need for teachers/school personnel to have summers off, but for many is it needed! I think I may get a little stir-crazy (in which case I also hope to work part-time this summer), but I am truly grateful for the opportunity to have a break and replenish this summer. And maybe prepare to be in a new school? At least prepare for the 2nd annual Traffick Stop 5k, our missions trip to Ukraine, and road trips to Indiana and Pennsylvania (and maybe Chicago?!).

This post seemed a bit random, but I'm excited to go back and finish the school year strong--hopefully with less complaining, more encouraging, more serving and remembering why I chose this field. (I love working with these kids!).

SIDE NOTE: Things are getting under way for the Traffick Stop 5k! However, we're in need of more items for our garage sale, and I'm hoping to advertise/fundraise more. Sometimes it is difficult to plan for a certain amount of people when the majority of them sign up a few weeks before the event. There is a lot less work overall for the 5k this year, but my biggest stumbling block is figuring out how to better fundraise and advertise for this year. Any ideas? I'd love to hear them!

And of course, I must take time to remember that part of the purpose of this 5k is what Paul writes about...to look after the interests of others over my own! A good reminder for me today, and I hope for you too.


0 comments:

Post a Comment