Saturday, July 7, 2012

Rockford

Well it has happened...I got a new job! 

I had interviews with River City (NHA), Wealthy Elementary (EGR), and Rockford. I was offered and accepted the position at Rockford! It is full-time, but it will be split as a school social worker and behavior interventionalist (BI). They are very similar except that the BI position involves working with at-risk students and the mounds of special education paperwork is avoided. 

I am very thankful to be working in schools 5-10 minutes from my home rather than 1 hour and 20 minutes away. Although I'm grateful for the learning experiences at Paramount, and I made some wonderful friendships, this will be an advantageous move in my career. The Lord is so good.

I find out Monday what schools I will be at and to work through my contract. I'm looking forward to jumping right in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment