Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fiesta Chicken

At dinner on Friday...

Corey: This is so good! Wait, you made this?
Me: Yes
Corey: How much of it was pre-made?
Me: None...except I didn't raise and kill the chickens.
Corey: Seriously?
Me: Why are you so surprised?! Oh yeah, because I don't cook.

Corey cracks me up :) I don't cook different dishes too often, but we had friends coming over, so I decided to try a new Fiesta Chicken crockpot recipe. It was SO easy and SO good. He seriously couldn't stop eating it. And the friends agreed! So I thought I'd share...

I got the recipe from pinterest (of course), and The Girl Who Ate Everything blog. 



Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
1 can (15.5 oz) of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz) of corn, drained
1 jar (15 oz) of your favorite salsa (I used Meijer organic original)
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese (or you can use the healthy kind)

Directions:
Take 4 frozen (boo yah!) chicken breasts and put into crockpot. Add black beans, corn, and salsa. 
Keep crockpot on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked.
Once chicken is cooked, take it out and shred it. Then return to crockpot.
Add cream cheese (can just throw on top!), and let it sit for 1/2 hour.
Stir in cream cheese and serve over rice or in tortillas. 

I served it over rice, and it was delicious. 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jennifer Krygier said...

I was one of the friends, and yes, it was delicious!! Best enjoyed with a margarita and great company :)

Holly Osbeck said...

You're so sweet Jen, thank you! And loved having you over! :)

Katie said...

Yum... would love this!!! I use a similar recipe to make taco meet...sans the cream cheese and add some taco seasoning and you have some amazing taco meat!

Post a Comment