Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Middle School

I feel like I'm in middle school again. Why you ask? 

Because my face is breaking out. Ick. 

It's obvious my stress levels are high (as evidenced by the huge red mountains on my chin). I couldn't fall asleep last night because I was thinking of everything I had to do. Then I realized I couldn't remember the last time I felt like there was too much to do and so little time...which made me thankful! 

I don't typically become stressed-out (like this) because I like to view these situations as a challenge to my efficiency and productivity. (Yes, I'm weird). But every now and then I think it's healthy to have important, big tasks that keep me humble and on my toes.

This week those tasks are the Traffick Stop 5k (over 200 participants) and my new job! 

I am SO eager to get into my offices, go through my caseloads, plan groups, etc. 

But I can't fully do that yet. 

First I will stuff race bags, pick up bananas/bagels/water, re-walk/mark the race course, do race bag pick-up, and have FUN at a 5k that's for an awesome cause. And praise the Lord for how He has surprised me and blessed our team this year!

On a different note, some exciting news...I get into all Rockford sporting events for free (and can bring a guest). That in itself is not super exciting, but Corey's reaction was.

Corey: "Wait, every sporting event?
Me: "Yes"
Corey: "When does it start?!" (childlike giddiness)
Me: "I guess tomorrow since I get my ID"
Corey: "We get to go to the first football game of the season! YES!"

Ha, we're losers. 

So many wonderful things occurring this next week despite the middle school face breakout. 

And I cannot wait to share how the 5k goes with you...I'll be back soon!

www.traffickstop5k.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment