Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New Testament Challenge

As you may already know, Corey and I attend Ada Bible Church. In a few weeks they are launching a new small group series titled, The New Testament Challenge (NTC). The goal is for everyone in the congregation (4000+) to read the New Testament in 8 weeks. There is a version of the Bible that reads more like a love story and a daily reading plan that accompanies the NTC.

I. am. so. excited.

Ironically, since coming back from Ukraine, I've been sluggish in so many areas of life...

eating
exercise
prayer
consistent devotions

I am so eager to jump into something that will encourage me to read my Bible every day. I know God will use my willing spirit, and I pray He molds me into a more humble, faithful person. 

Corey and I are also small group leaders of a couples group, so we have the opportunity to do this study with a group of other young adults. I am incredibly grateful for this group. After 3 years, they are like family :)

So what helps you stay consistent? Anything you're itching to begin come this new fall season?

I've also began a new eating and running plan, so here's to new beginnings!


As a side note about work: the honeymoon is already over! Most kids are comfortable and showing it :) But by golly, I met all my caseload kids at Lakes Elementary, and I already love them. 

I find that if I focus on their worth and dignity, I can keep up the poker face during crazy interesting circumstances.

What helps you stay calm in stressful situations? Do you have any preferred cooling-down strategies?

0 comments:

Post a Comment