Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Zumba

One of my besties, Leah, is now a certified Zumba instructor, and tonight was her first class! She did an amazing job, and it was such a splendid time. I was sweating like nobody's business. If you're in the Grand Rapids area, you should check her out! She has class every Tuesday night at Rock Fit Gym. My MIL joined me, too, which made it extra fun :)

This week has been crazy busy at work as I continue to build relationships and decipher what people's expectations are of me. Funny enough, it's WAY easier to build relationships with the students than the staff. Don't get me wrong, I work with some stellar people...but each person has a different set of expectations for my role (whether they are aware of it or not). Needless to say, I am continually blessed by the adults and students I serve.

Outside of work, I started a women's Bible study! I am desperately looking forward to more accountability in my life--and really craving those feminine relationships that are spiritually fruitful--like I had in college. Here's to being vulnerable (in a transforming way) again...

Lastly, a friend in our couples small group gave me a book to read, and I'm just now opening it after a month (eek!) Here is some food for thought: 

"We must never 'prostitute' prayer, degrading it (and our perception of God) into some mechanical program for getting our way. Rather, prayer must be as living and natural and exciting as sharing our hearts with a friend."

1 comments:

Leah Bradley said...

Thank you, Holly for putting my in your blog post! :)
Also, if any one of your readers wants any more info: www.leahbradley.zumba.com OR www.facebook.com/Party.Dance.Live

Post a Comment