Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Move it!

Truth be told, my exercise habits have been almost non-existent lately. Say what?! Yes, it's for real.

I decided that I need to GET MY BUTT IN MOTION. 

I train for Grand Rapids Riverbank Run every year with my brother, and last year went so poorly that we only did the 5k. (Every year we train for the 10K and one year we did the 25K).

My brother has been doing an AWESOME job at exercising, eating healthy, and losing weight. 

So I emailed him for some accountability. 

I need it with my spiritual life, so I guess I need it for exercising too. Ironically, Corey lifts weights religiously--but sadly, I've gotten out of that habit too.

So I ran 2 miles today. I'm starting to train for the Riverbank 25K already. And the whole point of me blogging this is so that people can remind me..."hey, weren't you training? You're still doing that, right?"

And since Maggie is acting flippin' crazy, as she sprints around the house, I guess I have no choice but to have another running partner!

I also saw this picture on Facebook from my alma mater. (This street was nicknamed "Devils Backbone", and I always thought people were dummies for running on it). But this explains my love for fall and helped motivate me today. 


What do you think?

I'm thankful that each day is a new beginning!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Good luck! I've been SUCH a slacker with exercise this summer, and its way too hard to get back on track. I'll keep you accountable :)

Leah Bradley said...

What a beautiful photo!

Post a Comment