Monday, October 15, 2012

The IRS

My husband, Corey, works for the IRS. 

Go ahead, make that face or remark about  how you don't want him to find you.

Granted, no one wants to receive a letter from the IRS, but they actually try to work with you if it was an honest mistake.

Needless to say, Corey does not have an easy job. Most people stereotype or hate him before meeting him.

But you know what? I'm so proud of him!

Today his boss told him that she was very impressed at his work (details I don't need to go in to). I love hearing him obtain compliments from superiors because so often he is under valued (in my opinion). 

Thankfully, his boss is the most sarcastic person on the planet, so he also gets laughs too :)

Thinking about Corey and his job reminds me of a few things in my own life:

1. How am I showing others that they have value?
2. Have I been judging people before really knowing them?
3. What simple steps can I take to show others (Corey, family, co-workers, friends, students) that I appreciate them?

Now here's to living those out in every day life...



1 comments:

Leah Bradley said...

I like your blog.

Post a Comment