Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Woah!

Woah!

It has been quite some time since my last post. Life has been a bit crazy busy lately! To recap two weekends ago, I was able to spend time with my three best friends from college in Chicago. It was an enriching time of fellowship, sharing, wine, shopping, and laughter. I just wished we all lived closer. Here are a few pictures:


Of course we needed the traditional "holding Katie" picture

Yummy Flat Top!

I even tried a 4 course Lebanese meal!


This past weekend we had Kenny and Jenny over for dinner and pumpkin carving. I made Chicken Enchilada Soup (yum), and we had a blast hearing about their upcoming nuptials among other things. Of course Corey had his annual block M pumpkin, and I decided to go with a "dead" pumpkin per the X's for eyes.


Corey and I also finished all the seasons of Cheers. As sad it this may be, I felt like a little chapter in my life ended. I'll miss the gang at Cheers! Now on to Fraiser...

On Saturday I had the pleasure of attending a baby shower for a lady who used to be in our couples small group (before they moved to St. Louis). Niki looks absolutely stunning! It was fabulous to celebrate her, as well as spend time traveling with Alicia. And yes, we did hit up the outlet mall on the way home :)



Hello cute cookie

A gal in my women's Bible Study inspired me to begin my gratitude lists again. I used to write them to a friend/accountability partner in college, and it is time to revive the habit! And wouldn't you know it, our pastor preached partly (enough alliteration?) on gratitude this Sunday. The part that convicted me was "how often do we give thanks for things we have rather than thanking/praising the one who all the gifts are from?" To listen to the entire message, click here

To end this on a silly note, tomorrow I'm going to be dressed up in a bacon outfit while my co-worker is going to be dressed up as eggs. I'm pumped :) Here's to eating candy (no worries, still exercising) and seeing all the fun Halloween outfits tomorrow!

*Note: please disregard the poor quality of photos from my phone or Facebook!


1 comments:

Leah Bradley said...

I think your pumpkin was the best!

Post a Comment