Wednesday, February 20, 2013

1940's Party

Well folks, guess whose Dad is going to be the big 7-0 in March?

 Yep, mine!

My mom and I are throwing a 1940's party (since he was born in 1943) at my house in a month. I'm getting super excited about the party, although it will be quite simple really.

We're having a variation of these invites:

We're also going to create some popular 1940's dishes. Who knew there was such a thing! Some of the recipes are found here and here

The decorations will be pretty simple really...just mostly framing old pictures of my pops and placing them around the house. I'm eager to wear a vintage dress I found in Detroit boutique a year ago. We're inviting all extended family and some of my parent's friends. My mom wants to keep it surprise, so we'll see how that goes!

What kind of parties are you planning?

0 comments:

Post a Comment