Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Human

Being human can be so painfully hard some days. Today was one of them.

I haven't had an such an emotionally draining day like today in quite some time (which I'm thankful for). I am confident of where my worth is found, but sometimes interacting with irate parents and failure at making everyone happy can be hard.

But then I go to a farm party in a Cognitively Impaired classroom and some joy comes back. (It was seriously an incredible party :))

Interestingly enough, most of my joy is found in the students I work with and most of my struggles are in relation to the parents or other adults I am in contact with. I've already learned so much about how I do and do not want to parent...which I know I will also be an exciting challenge.

Thankfully the Holy Spirit provided me empathy today when it was the last thing I wanted to give. 

I am grateful for His supernatural power in my life.

His loving kindness endures forever. How blessed I am to be a recipient of it! 
(Heck, I even get a spring break!)

How are you feeling the Lord's power or blessing work in your life?

1 comments:

Katie said...

Oh parents. They can be so frustrating! I've been feeling God's power working through simple prayer and study. His Word has been keeping me focused lately!

Post a Comment