Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Well friends, this has been the most relaxing weekend I've had in quite some time! Work has been increasingly busy with meetings, IEPs, and the general wrapping-the-year-up kind of processes. We've also had multiple things planned for every weekend, so needless to say, these four days of rest were in high demand.

What did I do on these 4 days off with Corey? 

Nothing but rest and fun! Friday I had my longest run of my half marathon training...and it happened to be my best feeling (and time) run yet! I am so thankful for that encouragement because I feel ready for the half, and I am confident it was a gift from God. 

After the run, I did some planning of the Traffick Stop 5k, Corey and I hit up the dog park with Maggie, gave her a dreaded bath, and then we caught up on some Fraiser (still doesn't compare to Cheers, but I love Niles). Our neighbors were setting of firecrackers, so Maggie was exceptionally scared. So much so that she refused to go outside to use the bathroom and we...well, we kind of didn't realize that she hadn't gone out. (Don't judge!)

Anyhow, our pups peed all over our couch cushions. We cleaned them up (although assuming one foam cushion needed replacing), gave Maggie another bath, and went to bed. 

In the morning we again failed to supervise or "children". Instead of coming up to the bedroom after breakfast as always, Maggie left us with this gift.


Corey and I determined that we could be ready for parenthood as I wasn't even phased and even chuckled. Also, our kids won't eat their own poop (hopefully). Now just to work on that supervision thing...  ;)

Following the cleanup of the second mess, we headed up north to a campsite to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday. I was hoping to get more pictures of our family, but it didn't happen. I was too busy not counting my calories and eating them away. Although I can't outrun my fork, those random days of freedom tracking calories are so needed. Anyway, here are a few pictures...





This was 2 minutes after leaving the campsite

She is so freakin' spoiled

Saturday night was fabulous fun, celebrating a dear friend's 25th birthday! We went downtown for great dinner at Bar Divani and then headed back to Leah's place for desserts, drinks, and a movie. Leah and I have been friends since middle school, and I love that I can say anything to her and I know there will be no judgement. She is truly a gem of a friend!

Sunday Corey and I skipped church (again, no judging!) as it was our first time in three years not being committed to their Discovery Village program. We used to teach the 2 year olds with one week off a month, but now we are going to focus our serving efforts in other avenues. 

We ended up sleeping in, making breakfast together (aka Corey made most of it), caught up on small group leader training, and then chilled some more. I worked a few hours at Fossil, and then we ended the night with a walk with Maggie, watching Luna destroy the catnip bag (yes, we know we're losers), and finished some shows. Here's a few more pictures of the children we're so crazy about...


Luna is obsessed with the laundry room, and both of them love that window seat

Do you know what one of the best parts of this weekend is?

It's not even over! 

I am incredibly thankful for the opportunity for rest...for intentional time with Corey...for the chance to finally get laundry done. Now I feel ready to conquer the last nine days at school, Kenny and Jenny's wedding this weekend, and my 11 mile run coming up. Praise the Lord for His continual faithfulness in my life. This weekend was a reminder of how insanely blessed I am. I'm off for a run with Maggie, my mom, and her black lab, Moses!

How are you feeling refreshed and blessed?




1 comments:

Leah Bradley said...

thanks for the shout out, Holly Jo. <3

Post a Comment