Monday, June 10, 2013

Hello Summer

Rest. 

Something I get to do today! 

I am incredibly thankful for a job that allows me to have designated times of the year to refocus, relax, and recharge. Today is the first day of my summer break.

The school year ended as quickly as it started. On the very last day I was still moving and shaking...special education referrals, paperwork, classroom visits, and the like. I was able to celebrate the success of many students which was a joy to see! 

I also found out on the last day of school that there were some major staff changes. Not only is one of my closest colleagues moving up north, but principals are swapping and other staff are moving. I am confident in the fact that all things will turn out okay, and we will survive. But change is not always easy (even when it's positive!) I am reminded that the Lord is faithful and He works all things for His good. Although my anxiety wants to surge (yes, even on "break"!), I know that "if we do not become wearing in doing good, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up" and through the power of the Holy Spirit, I will not give up.

Okay, have you had enough of my lamenting/processing? :) Here is a picture of my lovely special education co-workers at Lakes to brighten the mood

This summer I also have plenty of things to look forward to and to be appreciative of! 
Here's a quick list of the major items...

1. Corey's birthday this week...woot woot!
2. Women's half marathon in Chicago 
3. Cottage weekends with our couple's small group
4. Camping with my family
5. Baseball games (I like the hot dogs) with the Osbeck's
6. Visiting family in PA
8. Cottage days with our bffs, Stac & Adam!
9. The end of Corey's ridiculously hard summer classes
10. Dates with our nephews

So how about you...what do you have to look forward to?

1 comments:

Katie said...

Girl, enjoy your summer break! Its does sound wonderful :)

Post a Comment