Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Rainy Day

I love rainy days like today...although lately I've felt like I've been in a little slump. 

I have absolutely nothing to complain about, but it's just one of those days where I don't want to do a thing except snuggle the puppy and watch movies. I guess that's not all bad...

Enough of my dreariness and onto what's been happening lately (since there are things to be thankful for!)

I've been MIA lately due to a fun trip with my in-laws. Yes, I went on a 9 hour car ride with only my in-laws, and we had a great time! I am truly grateful to have a good relationship with them. We visited my MIL's family in PA. The family is a hoot, and I adore the mountains. The only bummer is that I was lovesick to the max for Corey. Silly, since I was only gone 4 days!

As soon as I returned from PA, I prepared and had a garage sale fundraiser for the Traffick Stop 5k. It was a lot of work, but I had wonderful family and friends help me. 

There was so. much. stuff. 

We had some really awesome items, but didn't really have a stellar turnout for a variety of reasons. BUT I was able to spend some time with dear friends, and praise the Lord we made just enough to cover our T-shirt costs which was the whole point. 

As most of you know, I am obsessed with planning and organizing. Most people don't understand me it, but it's how I show love to people, cope with life, and maintain my dreams. But I hate fundraising. a lot. So sometimes the money-side of this 5k can be overwhelming. I was reminded through the sale, though, that the Lord wants this event to happen and is choosing to bless us right now. Not mention that He reminded me of the incredible support system I have and how many victims of trafficking don't have...

Since the garage sale, I've been catching up on house chores, running errands, starting to prepare for school, etc. I've had a slump in my workouts  and eating patterns since returning from PA which I think it contributing to my lethargic-ness (is that a word?). Although I missed a long run, haven't weight lifted and have eaten too much for the past week (yes, only a week), tomorrow is a new day. 

Andddd it is a good reminder that I am so human. 
And can be a bit too hard on myself. 
And some days don't want any responsibilities.
I said it. 
Phew.

I read a friend's blog today, and it was a great encouragement to me. A reminder to be still and enjoy these little tasks. Enjoy making mistakes. Enjoy serving others. Enjoy all the gifts and opportunities the Lord has offered me although I do not deserve it. 

So I am going to enjoy this rainy day, and be satisfied with where I am at in this moment.

What about you?

2 comments:

Leah Bradley said...

*like

Katie said...

Girl, it sounds like you have had one full summer!!! I'm so impressed with all you do for the TrafficStop 5k- so much work and organization and you make such a difference.
When do you go back to school?? What do you have left on your summer bucketlist? :)

Post a Comment