Sunday, July 14, 2013

Trippin'

What fun we had this week!

On Monday Corey and I celebrated my 25th birthday (yes, I'm a baby) with his family at a local restaurant called Derby Station. We failed to get a family photo.

On Tuesday I visited some former co-workers in Traverse City...and it was a delight! Again, I failed to get a picture of us gals, but for some reason snapped a shot of the downtown theater?


Yes, strange. But they do play recent 25 cent movies on Saturday, so I guess it's legit. Corey and I have been trying to decide what to do for our anniversary in November...save money, a day trip, etc. But we just decided that we are going to Traverse City! We are going to hit up a bunch of local breweries, the theater, shops, and scenery. I'm quite excited :)

On Friday we had some dear friends visit from Lansing. They recently moved back since living the past year in St. Louis. Guess what? I didn't take any pictures of this night either. Fail for a third time in the photo arena. Nonetheless, it was a blast having them (and their adorable 8 month old) spend the night!

Saturday we headed up north to go camping with my family. Corey's hates camping, but he knows that he only has to go for 1 overnight a year, and he cannot complain about it like he did the first year because that hurts my feelings and makes me cranky ;) Anywho, we went for a dune buggy ride at Silver Lake, climbed Little Sable Point Lighthouse, and had delicious ice cream from Country Dairy. It was a marvelous time! (Corey even enjoyed it on Saturday, so you know it was fun)

Here are some pictures of this weekend:

















I cannot believe how quickly this summer is flying by. I leave for PA with Corey's parents later this week, and then next week we are going to a wedding and having a garage sale fundraiser for the Traffick Stop 5k. Exciting plans that make the time speed!

Has the summer flown by for you too?

1 comments:

Leah Bradley said...

Traverse City is a great idea. I was trying to come up with a less expensive vaca idea for us too. I might copy you. ;)

Post a Comment