Saturday, September 21, 2013

Simplify

It's been quite some time since my last blog post! 

Adjusting to a new school year and desiring more sleep these days has caused me to neglect this part of the interwebs. 

Corey and I have also felt the calling to simplify our lives. Without going into great detail now, it has been nice to simply sit. Rest. Say no to former commitments that were beneficial, but not necessarily what we have been called to anymore. 

Today I can enjoy Saturday.

Instead of racing around this morning, I slept in (till 8am!). Laundry and grocery shopping are calling my name. But also the excitement of a co-worker's bridal shower and helping a friend out with her Zumba fundraiser...and lounging on the couch for a few minutes of the MI football game. 

It feels great to slow down, even if it's just for a short while.

Today I'm also hoping to finally transform our dying summer porch into a earthy fall one. I'll post pictures soon. I also put up a few fall decorations within the house, but we do not go all out. I'm secretly getting excited for Christmas decorations already ;)



What do you do for fall decorations?


0 comments:

Post a Comment