Monday, November 4, 2013

Random Musings

Well it's hard to top off a post like my last one. But what Corey and I discovered from announcing our news was that we are surrounded by so much love. We were struck by how many people were so supportive, excited and willing to pray for us. Not to mention all the people who encouraged us despite us lacking confidence in this journey at times. The Lord is so good, and we were deeply reminded of that this past week!

Over the weekend I wasn't feeling too stellar, but we've learned to roll with it and count our blessings. However, it made for a kind of uneventful Sunday...which was fabulous. Friday and Saturday were full of having friends over, our nephew's 6th birthday party, and a girls night, so when plans were cancelled on Sunday we were okay with it :)

This weekend Corey and I are looking forward to celebrating our 3 year anniversary! We're taking a day to go up to Traverse City. While there we're going to visit a few friends, as well as his Aunt and Uncle. 

And we're also going to...dun dun dun...

Test drive some vehicles! 

Remember when I talked about getting a new car what seems like 10 million years ago? The time has arrived, folks. And I'm pumped. I'll keep you posted when we actually upgrade (anything is an upgrade from my loyal 2002 Chevy Prizm). We are even going to try and get some money out of my car. We determined that if we're lucky we can get a new camera and pair of boots out of it. ha! We'll see what happens ;)

I feel like time is flying these days...can you believe it's already November? A co-worker reminded me that I have 23 school days till Christmas break. Nuts! We have the privilege of traveling to FL over break with Corey's family, so there's something extra special to look forward to. 

And to add one more random observation to this random post: I am so so so excited for snow! More than I ever have been before. I'm not really even sure why since come the end of February I hate it. But I'm just so pumped for being cozy in bed with the white landscape all around. Being able to trudge around in my boots, drink hot cocoa, put up Christmas decorations, attend Christmas programs/concerts, listen to Christmas music (which I've already started doing), and spend more time with family. I even expected to see snow when I peeked out of my window this morning. Weird right? But it's just how I'm feeling and right now I'm going to enjoy it!

What feelings have you been surprised by lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment