Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Festivities

Merry Christmas!

What an amazing gift that God would have our savior come as a baby. So many times I overlook this, but it truly is incredible that God uses even what seems to be the most helpless beings as his vessels. And what a gift to spend this special time with family and friends!

I was able to celebrate with our girlfriends over the weekend...as always, it was fabulous catching up and relaxing with the ones who know me best (and therefore, have put up with me the longest!)

We celebrated with Kenny/Jenny and Grandma/pa Osbeck over the weekend as well. Poor Kenny and Jenny had lost heat, so fortunately we were able to spend extra time with them.

Setting up the crib!








The Lord's creation of sun and snow amazes me.

On Christmas Eve, Corey and I had our traditional breakfast at Peppermill Grill and then spent the day/evening at his parents. It was nice spending some low-key time with them--including yummy food and a Hallmark movie. Christmas morning we made our own breakfast, and then headed over to celebrate with my family...again, delicious food, Madlibs, and nephews (that are getting way.too.old!).


Carson loves dogs






I love Corey's reaction to this Under Armour hoodie/pants set for Will :)
Corey: "Good, he can come to the gym with me"

It looks like Corey's wearing it, haha






This maternity hoodie makes me look extra large. But I was comfy so no shame!



Per Corey's request, I waited to take down all our decorations (i.e. the tree is still standing) rather than having everything packed up the day of this year. Today and tomorrow we are enjoying coffee/lunch dates with friends, registering for Will, working out and packing for our trip to FL with Corey's family.

Side note: The nursery is all planned out for a gray/navy/whale theme, and we have already ordered some items. I'm so excited to have that to look forward to when we return from FL and to share some of the updates with you!

How did you celebrate? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment