Thursday, January 23, 2014

Belly Stares

Folks, it's been a great few weeks...I've only needed the Zofran (for nausea and vomiting) a couple times! I forgot what it felt like to feel "normal"--besides having difficulty putting shoes on--and I'm truly thankful.

I've been noticing a lot of belly stares lately. The first trimester I kind of thought I maybe noticed a difference in my body...but it was mostly the pooch I had before even being pregnant. Come second trimester, though, I've moved into the "Is she pregnant or just chunky?" phase, and now I'm finally in the true baby bump stage! I can honestly say that feeling Will's constant kicks, seeing my belly go crazy as he moves, having an actual baby belly, and feeling better physically has allowed me to enjoy this phase of pregnancy! But boy, you really only get a few good months until transitioning into the cute bump to whale phase. (Unless you are one of those annoyingly skinny people who look cute the entire time).

For now the looks are enjoyable because people are staring and smiling...not awkwardly staring and puzzled :) The looks at the gym have been the best. Some such as "wow, she gained some weight" to "oh, that's why!" and "Wow, she's still running?" I'd also recommend getting professional maternity pictures taken within the 2nd trimester because you feel the best. Although, I think we're going to get one more set taken in the 3rd trimester just to document our final days of freedom and have some taken in the snow. And because I really haven't gotten into the weekly bump updates like I thought I would...good thing we're having a boy who won't care either way.

So anyway, feel free to stare and even touch my belly. It's no longer weird since there is definitely a real-non-food-2 pound-9 inches long baby in there :) Here's to 25 weeks!




1 comments:

Stacy Hoeksema said...

Yup, you look goooooood. :)

Post a Comment