Friday, March 28, 2014

Visitors

Do you ever have a week that you were so excited to be done with? That was mine. Nothing too eventful even occurred...just ready for the rest the weekend will hopefully provide. Turn off my brain for awhile (who am I kidding? My brain doesn't work properly anyway), kick back, enjoy my Dad's 71st birthday and take naps. For those of you who don't know me...I don't take naps. I used to think they were a complete waste of time. But the first (and now third) trimester of pregnancy has changed my attitude. Naps, in moderation, can be so helpful. 

Corey and I have been chatting more about what our hospital stay may look like since we're only 3 weeks away from full term! (6 weeks from my due date). I'd gladly take some unpaid time off work for Will to come in 3 weeks...Corey thinks he needs to cook a bit longer ;) We'll see what happens!

We're thinking we won't have visitors, besides family, in the hospital. We've seriously loved our classes, and the recommendation is to utilize the support you have in the hospital and save all the visitors for later. Obviously we want to celebrate and share our little one with the people we love, but I'm thinking there is some wisdom to their suggestions. And I like having appropriate boundaries. Don't get me wrong though...if you are reading this and want to visit, we'd LOVE to have you! Just please call first so it's a pleasurable experience for all ;)

Corey and I have learned so much at the aforementioned classes. They were great! The child birthing ones helped subside my anxiety and increase my excitement. Best part was being around those traveling through the same process. We also did a breast feeding class. Holy latching on techniques, batman. I had no clue (or desire to learn about) breastfeeding. I've retained some tips to try, but mostly, I'm thankful to know that there are FREE support groups in Grand Rapids. So many resources at our fingertips! I totally get if people don't want to/can't make any classes. But for us they were muy beneficial. Are we still going to feel like we have no clue what we're doing? Yes. But maybe a little less so now.

Yesterday I thought it could be the start of labor, but turns out I just had more intense Braxton Hicks contractions. I typically race around work, but yesterday I was. a. sloth. My belly felt so tight and uncomfortable. I couldn't move quickly if I wanted to. The BH were inconsistent and eventually went away though. Today, at 34 weeks, I was thankfully moving like usual and so was Will. 

And that's really all I have to say about that.
(What movie?)

Cheers to the weekend!




2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, I love this. Justin and I are so different when it comes to stuff like this...but if it were up to me only, I wouldn't have any visitors at all (maybe my mom?) until after we're home from the hospital. My mom did that with my oldest sister...she didn't even let anyone know she'd arrived until they were all home from the hospital. Privacy and time just with our new little families seems so precious in those first days!

Tara said...

Dang, I'm so far behind on reading your blog! I'm the opposite of Katie- I loved having visitors... but on my own schedule. I like the idea of having them check with you first before coming up. I had a few that just showed up, and sometimes they had to wait as I was feeding the baby or taking a nap, etc. We are SO excited to meet baby Will and will come whenever you are ready for us to :)

Post a Comment