Thursday, May 22, 2014

A friend

Do you have a friend who knows you better than you know yourself? Like they nearly know you as much as your spouse does? Or even more so in some ways?

I have a friend like this. She's really more like a sister. 

I feel the need to write a post about her just because I feel indebted to her. 

This friend...

listens to me cry
encourages me when I'm overwhelmed
gently confronts me when I'm being nutty
laughs with me till we (okay, just me) pee our pants
provides prayer and scripture to support me even when I'm too proud to ask
knows my crazy OCD habits and loves me anyway
reminds me of my strengths
lifts me up when my weaknesses take over
is available at any time
talks about any and every bodily function possible with me
rejoices in my celebrations as if they are her own

See why I feel like I owe her? She does all those things for me. I didn't even talk about all her own strengths!

If she doesn't show Christ's love to me, then I don't know what sister-friend does.

There's so much more I would like to write, but Stac, know I thank the Lord for you day after day after day...too many times to recount. 

Thank you for being a friend. 
*Insert Golden Girls theme song*

My best friend.

ps Not sure why the heck we're holding hands here. But I thought a ridiculous picture was perfect :)

2 comments:

Leah Bradley said...

so sweet. I like the hand holding!

Stacy Hoeksema said...

Wow--thank-you for the incredibly thoughtful post. Made me tear up! Love you dearly!

Post a Comment