Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

I'm so excited to be able to celebrate my first Mother's Day as Will's mom. I never imagined something so small could bring so much joy and overwhelm my heart in such a beautiful way. What a miracle he is!



I do not have the words to describe how much I admire and love my mom. These past two weeks have been such an perfect depiction of why I do though--her selflessness, willingness to serve (which means doing dirty laundry before holding her grandson!), prayer, encouragement, and support of my decisions speaks volumes. Whatever I am feeling, I know she's there to listen and comfort...and for her I am forever grateful.


I've been blessed with a mother-in-law who also possess many inspiring qualities. Her generosity, joy, insight, and willingness to help those around her (including allowing us to get some sleep!) is always a great relief and reminder of what matters most.


Both my moms are my heroes. I hope to take the strengths they so easily share with others and integrate them more in my life as a new mom, wife, sister and friend.

I have quite the examples to live up to!


1 comments:

Christina Winell said...

Happy (belated) Mother's Day! I'm glad it was good for you and for all the moms in your life!

Post a Comment