Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Garage Door Upgrade

Summer seems like the natural time to do home improvement projects. I have many ideas to make our home more welcoming, and we hope to tackle a few this summer. 

The first one we did was update our garage door. We purchased a decorative garage door kit from Home Depot, and then my handy mother-in-law helped install it for us! She did the measuring and drilling, and all I did was screw in the plates, organize my tool kit and take pictures. The kit was cheap, and it took less than 30 minutes to do!

BEFORE



DURING


The trusty tool kit I received as a Christmas present a few years ago. Corey asked for clothes that year. Defying gender roles is what we do.

My fancy outfit...at least I showered

  I spy a snout


AFTER



BEFORE & AFTER


Funny how something so simple creates such a nicer look. We need to paint the shutters to match the door frame now. It's hard to see in the pictures, but we finally replaced Will's bedroom window which also makes a big difference! Better late than never...

A few other projects include painting a chair rail in the basement to break up the overwhelming blue color (eventually to be a UofM themed toy room) and staining our deck. We are also seriously considering painting our kitchen cabinets white! I love white cabinets, but I love white cabinets with dark wood floors...which we don't have. So we'll see how/when that project comes to fruition.

What home updates do you plan to do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment