Thursday, June 12, 2014

Weight Training

Now that I have obtained a copy of the Baby Wise book, I've started to tweak our methods and put more of the strategies into practice. One is to increase the amount of time we are weight training.

Just kidding.

But I did bring down some more toys for Will to play with during his wake time! He has such a strong grasp. He's starting to reach for toys, but more so just looks at them and smiles or coos. And he definitely lets me know when he's no longer interested ;)






With Baby Wise we've already been doing the feeding-waking-napping routine. However, I've realized the waking period has been too long, and Will has too often become fatigued. I like that the book has general guidelines as to how long wake time should be (because how am I supposed to know all this?! :)). So even though Will may appear quite alert and wanting to stay awake, I need to more closely look for cues that he's tired and put him down for a nap. We've also done more naps in the swing lately, so we're transitioning back to at least one nap in the crib a day again. Ideally I'd like him to take most of his naps there, but some days we just like to be out and about! He also has a usual fussy time anywhere from 4-8pm. The other night I held him and did laps around our house while singing to music from our phones, and then Corey did the same. It was kind of ridiculous, but we ended up having a nice time swaying to the music.

Lately he's been going 4.5-6.5 hours from the start of one feeding to the next at night, but last night he woke up 5 times! Since switching bottles he typically goes down with minimal crying and talks himself to sleep after that lingering burp comes out. I'm hoping the less wake time will help our routine. I've decided he's too early for a "schedule", but we'll at least have a consistent plan even if the times vary. It's funny how my blog posts have shifted. This may be dull info, but it's helpful for me to process it all out, peeps.

And more importantly...the pictures continue!



 



Mags is seriously obsessed. She follows us everywhere, runs to him when he cries, and gives him her rope to play (see above pictures). It's pretty adorable if I do say so myself ;)

Corey's birthday is tomorrow, and we're heading up north for a weekend with my family before celebrating his birthday/Father's Day with his family. So more pictures are obviously to come! I'm excited for a chance to get away and have more opportunities to rest. Mags will also get lots of time to try out her new life jacket (yes, I'm for real), and play with her main squeeze, Moses. I'm curious as to how the sleeping will go since Will makes so many sounds (grunts, talks, cries) in his sleep, and he'll be right next to our bed again.

Either way, we're making memories! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment