Saturday, August 16, 2014

Mitchell's Run Recap

For my Fellow Flowers Declare It Day goal in February, I planned to run the Mitchell's Run 5k three and a half months postpartum. I was determined to run it under 30 minutes, and I crushed my goal. I am so very thankful for the many friends and family who continually support me and assist me in believing in myself. I wholeheartedly know I could not have done it without their encouragement!



 Since having Will my running time has become more sacred to me. The Fellow Flowers group is quite inspirational (I mean, I even cry at their story!), and I've been having an itch to set and achieve a bigger goal. I was planning on the Gazelle Girl half marathon in April, but after more reflecting and talking with a few dear friends and family...

I will be running the Bayshore Marathon in Traverse City in May!

I will be running with my brother, Justin. Our goal is simply to finish. I'm anticipating it will take between 5-5.5 hours, and I am completely okay with that. I will still run the half in April as part of my Bayshore training. For that race, I will actually have a timed goal of accomplishing it near two hours. But for my first (only?) marathon, I want to ease into it :) The Hal Higdon training program came recommended, so I'll be training based on that.

I've been voicing this goal out loud more, I planned my training schedule into my calendar, and our hotel is already booked. Corey and I are going to make a weekend of it, and it will be fun staying on the Grand Traverse Bay since Will is going to be over a year old...that in itself is crazy to think about!

Running a marathon is an entirely scary but thrilling challenge for me...


So here's to taking the leap and chasing the dream!

2 comments:

Stacy Hoeksema said...

You are such an inspiration! You go, girl!!

Katie said...

I love this! How awesome that you beat your goal?! You're motivating me to really get back into running...finding time is so hard for me!

Post a Comment