Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My Heart

Today was my first day back with students. I really can't complain about the day; it went fine. I know back at work is where I'm supposed to be...

But it feels like my heart has been ripped out of my chest.

I miss Will.

I don't regret my decision to go back to work, and I don't feel the need to explain or justify why I did. But I am allowing myself to ache and slowly acclimate to another new normal. I'm finding these reminders are once again helpful. 

I had a full-on ugly sob session last week, and I think another cleanse is in order to help me remember that just because it's difficult does not mean it's wrong. 

So here's to doing what is right for our family and focusing on quality--not quantity--with my sweet baby boy.


Background on my favorite hymn found here

1 comments:

Stacy Hoeksema said...

I just read those 10 reminders that you wrote yourself and seriously started tearing up--so beautiful and well written. It should go viral, really.

Post a Comment