Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Things Kids Say

I love working with elementary students...they are so honest, and sometimes I cannot help but chuckle at the things they say.

Today in one of my groups a student with a Cognitive Impairment stopped me mid sentence and said, "Mrs. Osbeck, I'm sorry that I almost shared that your face looks weird. I'm sorry I shared that now."

It took everything in me not to burst out laughing!

Some may be offended, but really, this student just has my back ;)

I actually found so much joy out of all my groups and other tasks today. I am thankful for the privilege of working, and also the reminder that me working outside of the home (for our family) is a good thing.

Do I still miss Will? Absolutely. And I talk about him with the kids often. 

But I also know my other purpose is being fulfilled with the staff and students I interact with. 

I have much to be grateful for.

What has you reeling with joy or gratitude lately?


ps Happy Fall (my FAVORITE season of all time)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment