Sunday, October 12, 2014

Austin Wedding and Weekend!

This weekend Corey, Will and I went to Indiana for my dear friend's wedding. Katie was my co-RA my junior year at Taylor. Katie is a genuine, compassionate person, and I deeply treasure our friendship.

It was an absolutely beautiful celebration! The decorations were so creative, no detail was overlooked, and it overall had such a warm feel. As a lover of old books myself, I adored their vintage book theme. As expected, Katie was a stunning bride!











The place cards even had quotes on the backs

The guest book was a globe. Notice the chalkboard sign near it too...so neat!

They used the ball jars, milk crates, and baby's breath in such a classy way!

 The bridesmaid bouquets were even made out of old book pages

Entering the book shop reception hall

My favorite :)





First dance




I wish I had taken more pictures of the unique details (i.e. all homemade English food, map bow-ties for the groomsmen and coffee mug party favor that matched their wedding invite...which of course looked like a book cover). However, sometimes that's just tricky to do with a little one (even with 2-on-1 defense ;)) I'm most bummed that I forgot to get a picture with Katie!

For the weekend we stayed with Stac and Adam...and the BABY! In case you haven't heard the awesome news, they are due April 2! Aunt Holly is so flippin excited. You better believe most of the baby shower is already planned ;)








Trying to grab the camera...and everything else within reach!

Apparently we always need to "fly" off Aunt Stacy's deck :)


Just cracking up...

Before the wedding on Saturday, I was able to grab lunch with a girl (now young lady) I mentored while in college. Stephanie and I met when she was in 4th grade at an after-school program I volunteered at/directed. I am so proud of who she has become as a senior in high school...she's worked so hard!

We also stopped by to see our friends, Laurel and Joey, and their new house before the ceremony. Although it was a quick visit, it was so fun to see them and their lovely abode! And of course talk social work for a bit :)

Will was great for most of the weekend...except peeing on me during the reception, spitting up all over himself and others (normal), and then having explosive poop on himself and his car seat on the ride home. However, he was a happy camper during all rides (sleeping or chatting) and festivities!

It seriously felt like I packed half our house for this trip, yet I managed to leave his spare clothes at Stac's. Mom lesson: be thankful the pee didn't smell and laugh it off ;)

And now we're home. Will in bed, 3 loads of laundry done, and ready for work tomorrow. Cheers to a fun-packed, stellar weekend!

(via)



0 comments:

Post a Comment