Thursday, December 11, 2014

When Life Gives You Lemons

Work has been extremely exhausting lately. A different kind of exhausting than last year, as it does not relate to students. There are a lot of sticky situations that are not appropriate to share over this open space, but honestly, they are draining me. Sometime I wonder why I grew up. Ha, like I had any choice. But being an adult can be hard. Life is hard. 

My dad gave me some wise counsel tonight, I cried my eyes out, and I had an intense workout. Although I'm grieving some situations, I've had to learn that sometimes you have to be all business. Pursue justice yet be okay that life is not fair. If anything, this situation is helping me have more empathy for my students and others who are disadvantaged. Those who crave peace, crave their value to be recognized, and crave hope. 

I have hope. That hope is that Jesus will make all things right in His timing. Maybe that just means things will eventually be right in my heart--not in the "tangible" way I want.

And there is always something to be thankful for...

I'm alive and can be there for my baby
Will is getting his first tooth (yay!)
And I've lost a little bit of weight (thank you, myfitnesspal)

So that's that. Life has been stressful for the past month and a half, but it's not bad. Difficult, but strengthening. One day at a time.

"God is near to the broken-hearted, and He saves those crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

2 comments:

Leah Bradley said...

That verse is so awesome. Thank you for posting it on my blog too!
Life is hard. Although, at least this situation is hard because you love and care deeply. .
I'll pray God protects your heart. You have been blessed so that you may bless others, and you truly do. <3 You have been blessed beyond measure, and you deserve all good things that come your way

Stacy Hoeksema said...

My life verse over the past year has been Psalm 62:5-6

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken."

Praise God that when life is hard and nothing seems to be going our way, we can have an eternal perspective and hope because of what Christ did for us on the cross!

Post a Comment