Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 New Years Resolutions

I appreciate New Years Day because I have really enjoyed making resolutions the past few years. Each year the themes remain similar to the year prior, but with a slightly different target or plan to accomplish my goal. I've been finding that if I work on becoming a better version of me, the person God truly designed me to be, then all the other areas of my life (wife, mom, sister, friend) are strengthened. Focusing on living for the Lord positively infiltrates into the other areas of my life. So here are my 2015 New Years Resolutions to assist in that...


Spiritual Health
I plan to read the Bible in one year again. I did this two years ago, and my heart was changed. I am in desperate need of another heart alteration. I will be following the free She Reads Truth plan.

Psychical Health
 I will be running multiple races this year...

Gazelle Girl Half Marathon in Grand Rapids on April 19
Bayshore Marathon in Traverse City on May 23
Her 5k in Madison, WI on June 27
BTN 10k in Chicago on July 25 (hopefully!)
Mackinac Island 8 Mile on September 12 (hopefully!)

I have picked my lifting schedule back up, so I am eager to see how I maintain that during my marathon training. The plan is to lift 3 days a week and run 4 days a week (some on the same day). I'm also continuing to use MyFitnessPal to help me eat more appropriate portions and more nutritious food (so freakin hard!). I'm thankful to have great support systems for running and eating well. I will be participating in Declare It Day with Fellow Flowers again, so a blog post in regards to DID will come in February. 

Service
I want to continue thinking of the needs of others before my own. This naturally takes place as a mother--trying to determine what Will needs and how to best parent him. This also takes place as a wife--not wanting to fall into the easy trap of complacency and self-absorption. I want to maintain a positive attitude as I serve the students and staff I work with in both of my school buildings--even during stressful times. This is resolution is intentionally vague and on-going this year.

Other
I'm taking a risk, and I'm becoming a Stella & Dot stylist. (Link to my S&D page will be in my profile soon). I love the jewelry/accessories, and I want to be intentional about helping women make time/do something for themselves through this. The products are stunning, and it will be so much fun!


I don't always succeed at my goals (which is okay!), but I've found that if I vocalize, plan, and have accountability, then I maintain progress for longer periods of time or actually do complete my resolution. I feel very thankful to have another year to improve who I was created to be (since there is lots of room for improvement :)) 

I am also looking forward to spending time with family on various vacations, having Will's 1st birthday party (he's growing too fast!), and spending quality time with friends who are more like sisters. 2015 is sure to be lovely!

 So tell me, what are you goals, plans or dreams for this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment