Thursday, January 29, 2015

Being a Running Mom

Since marathon training is already a quarter over, I've been reflecting on how being a mom has changed my running.

Having a baby and then raising him thus far has been empowering...among many other things ;) At nine months postpartum, I'm closer to my pre-pregnancy pace than ever before. As a mom, I've been able to push myself to run so much harder than I ever imagined.

I've found strength in myself I didn't even know was there.

I have more motivation, drive, and perseverance. I also have less time to get the running in, so the trail or track have become more meaningful; giving me some moments of freedom to renew my courage.

Being a mom has made me a fiercer, more persistent runner, but it has also allowed me to be more comfortable with failing. I continue to realize that I cannot control everything. I mess up. 

A lot.

But dwelling on the potholes in the road isn't going to make the run any better. I can celebrate that I gave it my all--more than I ever thought was in me--and that I grew through the journey.

 Marathon training is going better than expected right now, but I know it won't stay this way. It will obviously get harder. Yet knowing that God has entrusted us with His precious child reminds me that I can endure. He makes me stronger. Will makes me stronger.

I can't wait to see his face at the finish line.


0 comments:

Post a Comment