Sunday, January 25, 2015

Master Bedroom Change

Since we've been in our house for nearly three years, I've been having the itch to change things around. When we first moved in I just wanted to fill the space, but now I want to make it more of my own since we have more opportunities to do so. Besides the living room, our bedroom was a room that I felt needed a face lift. My SIL has the Sherwin Williams Sea Salt color in her living room, and after researching it more, I found it to be quite versatile. 

I needed something lighter since our room started to feel too dark...leaning towards dreary rather than cozy. I wanted a space that fit me more closely to where I am and what I am needing more now in life...if that makes any sense. I love that the sea salt color can look green, blue or gray depending on the lighting. I used the color match at Lowe's and purchased their Valspar signature paint with primer in it. We purchased a satin paint which I love. It was formerly semi-gloss because the tan was also in the bathroom. When we first painted, we didn't want to get extra gallons just to have satin (since we purchased 24 gallons of paint for the entire house the weekend we moved in! Crazy.)

I could only wait a few days into Christmas break before I painted it! But the best part of all? I didn't really need to change anything else in the room. I swapped some items from other areas in the house, and purchased a new jewelry holder from Etsy (on sale), but we didn't need to purchase new bedding or other major items. So this face lift was easy and relatively inexpensive. And now the part anyone really cares about...pictures!

BEFORE




Here is more before pictures


AFTER


The purses were my great grandmothers
I use Betsey Johnson perfume in case you wondered what that crazy bottle was (now it makes sense)






Post cards sent to my great grandparents (we have these throughout our home)

I love old books--this one I found for Corey :)

I moved my scarves into our closet to simplify the space. I also don't like the way the Mr. & Mrs. turned out above the bed...too small font and wrong background color. So I'm keeping the concept but going to make it more of what I envisioned. Overall, I'm very pleased with the color and LOVE the change!

OUTTAKES
(aka Will was napping so here is Mags)


The curtains to the right is our laundry room (took the doors off!)






What rooms have changed as you have changed?

1 comments:

Erica Baker said...

I LOVE your dressers. So much character. I agree that the blue really brightens up the space. Great job :)

Post a Comment