Sunday, April 19, 2015

Gazelle Girl Half Marathon

This morning I had the pleasure of running the Gazelle Girl half marathon in downtown GR. I am incredibly thankful for this race experience as it was my best half yet! It completely makes up for (and was the opposite of) the dehydrated Chicago half :)

I felt so encouraged during the miles and smiled almost the entire way. I was able to encourage other women on the course, and I was in awe of how beautiful and strong all these ladies were! I wanted to cry as I was cheering others on at the end because they are seriously incredible. 

Running my personal best was surprising to me as I hadn't planned on it. My Garmin watch said 1:58:12 and the online results read 2:00:10. Physically I didn't have any of the issues I had on my training runs which I think was due to my positive mental state. 

I am quite thankful for a solid run, legs that can move me that far, and the overwhelming encouragement of people who believe in me and celebrate me believing in myself. My friend Jen, who ran the Chicago half with me, was throughout the course cheering me and other fellow flowers on. I saw some other friends/neighbors along the way that helped a ton. It was truly a fun, inspiring experience. I feel overwhelmed with gratitude.  

The best part was finishing strong (I wore my red flower) and seeing these guys at the end. I took this picture as I was running up to them :)

Here are a few other wonderful women who did an amazing job--I'm so proud of them!




Finished!


Starting line...

And now I focus on the 5 weeks I have left before running Bayshore Marathon. It will be crazy hard, but I'm looking forward to it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment