Saturday, August 13, 2016

Summer is Flying!

Where does the time go? I've been MIA since returning from IN with Will because we've been so busy. I've had a trunk show, went to IKEA, went out with friends, playdates, and then I had a girls weekend in Chicago. 

This past week we had our floors redone (WOO!), so we spent most of the time at my parent's house, and I'm finally feeling like I can catch up on life now that we're settled back in. Here is a sneak peak of the new floors--I'll post a thorough update later:

In other news, Will is fully potty trained! The day I left for Chicago he decided to go poop on the potty. I knew it was going to be when he wanted to, and for some reason it was this day. Anyway, we've had about a week and a half of no poop accidents (no pee for a long time now), and he usually goes without even telling us! Lately he's only wanted me in the bathroom with him (what an honor ;)) or he'll say "no momma. leave please." So after him joining me in the bathroom ALL those times he demands privacy...haha! Kids are silly. I'm sure we'll have setbacks, but I'm still thankful to not clean up poop anymore...and that the process overall wasn't too terrible.

Will also graduated to the pre-school swim class, so we no longer have to go with him. Selfishly, it's awesome! And it's so cool to see him mature and gain independence. He's doing well! In a few weeks he'll move up to the pre-school room at church. Time is seriously flying!

This week is my last full week with Will. I've really been grieving the end of summer, but I'm thankful for work as it helps me appreciate so much. We're going to spend a lot of time with friends this week and soak as much summer as we can (despite it being insanely humid...yuck). 

I'm eager to get back into the swing of the school year, actually planning meals again, and having more consistent workouts. I started the summer strong, and we still get our walks in, but with all the trips I haven't been as diligent lately. 

That's it for now--more updates (floors, school, etc.) later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment