Sunday, November 27, 2016

2016 Christmas Decor

We got a head start on our Christmas decorations this year and put them up the weekend before Thanksgiving! I typically just decorate the main floor and put a few things in Will's room. Our decorations are simple but make our living room so cozy. Dare I say that I'm actually looking forward to snow?! Although, playing in this weather has been wonderful. 

We pick out a tree from Kingma's each year, and this year we got a small one that leans...it also has a sandals in it that Will threw after we told him 1. it's too cold for sandals and 2. not to throw them. Such is life :) 


First time doing an Advent Calendar

The tree is our Christmas card holder

And some action shots...







We're also waiting for this nativity to arrive as it came recommended by a friend. We are excited about it!

Earlier this month we added some frames to make our wall gallery larger. We also had that big blue wall in our living room painted! I was so ready to see it go. Below are the before and afters.


In other news--I have my first monthly blood draw next week. Grief is funny and hits at random times. My heart still aches for the child we don't have and don't get to meet yet. However, we are fixing our eyes on all the blessings the Lord has provided and continues to provide. He remain faithful to Him and trust in His plans/timing. We are very grateful for this week to reflect and spend quality time with family.

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment